“Managing Unsolvable Problems” is a workshop to shift your thinking from either/or … to both/and.
- Do you find yourself struggling with situations that never seem to get resolved?
- Are there issues that swing back and forth from one unsuccessful extreme to the other?
- Do problems resurface in slightly different ways over and over?
The Challenge of both/and
Many of the problems facing today’s organizations don’t have simple solutions. Globalization, outsourcing, employee retention and an increasingly diverse workforce are complex issues made even more complex by the VUCA world we live in and that demand a specific kind of leadership. Leaders who approach these situations only as problems to be fixed, or look for ways to make difficult problems simple, will be unsuccessful and may find themselves making the situation worse.
What You Will Learn
As part of this workshop, participants will grapple with real work issues and dilemmas, and explore strategies to apply to their specific challenges. By the end of this one-day session, they will be able to:
- Understand how VUCA amplifies the “unsolvable problems”
- Clearly identify the larger issue(s) underlying their current problems or symptoms
- Think in terms of “both/and” instead of “either/or” options and solutions
- Effectively use a combination of leadership skills and authority to create motivating environments
- Recognize the importance of seeing the big picture while making strategic decisions
- Enlist the potential of all the members of their team – both the “experts” and the “novices”
Click here for a PDF version of