“Riding the Red Line of Change – Managing Organization Transitions” is a workshop that’s all about the people – the often forgotten element when addressing people’s reactions to change.
- Is your organization struggling with change?
- Is productivity down because people are worried about what’s coming next and how it will affect them?
This workshop prepares organizations to effectively lead change initiatives so they go more smoothly, start to finish. We put William Bridges’ Transitions work into a VUCA context.
“Prior to implementing a major company-wide change initiative, our company hired Parallax Consulting to train the entire management team in William Bridges’ Transition process. It made all the difference for those departments that applied the learning. ~ Mac Johnston, Previously Enterprise Services Division Manager, PEMCO Insurance
The Challenges of Transitions
Successfully managing transitions is critical in today’s climate, where change has become one of the few constants and is amplified by VUCA – the world we live in today. Many organizations find that it’s not the changes that are difficult for their employees; instead, it’s the feelings that the changes evoke (what we call “riding the red line”) that are challenging. Organizations that provide their employees the opportunity to understand VUCA as context, along with the difference between the change itself and their responses to the change, find that they experience less resistance, more resilience and higher productivity. This program gives participants concrete skills they can use to help their people manage transitions more effectively or recover from a transition deficit.
What You Will Learn
The “Riding the Red Line of Change – Managing Organization Transitions” program is a blueprint for managing the people-side of change. Based on William Bridges’ work on transition management, and placed in the context of VUCA, this workshop weaves information about the three stages of transition – the ending, the neutral zone and the new beginning with a model for guiding a team through these stages. Opportunities to reflect on the organization’s current situation and desired future state are followed by a review and planning process, including planning for change. The result will be a personalized action plan listing clear and manageable next steps.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Identify where they and their co-workers are in the three-phase transition process
- Understand how VUCA amplifies the “red line” experience
- Clarify necessary communication and involvement during each of the three phases
- Create and determine effective implementation strategies for managing each of the three phases, and keeping them relevant
- Understand the seven principles of transition and determine strategies for addressing them within the organization
- Determine ways to design the transitions management process into the plan
Click here for a PDF version of