“Power and Systems – The Organization Workshop” is about creating partnerships by understanding systems dynamics.
Parallax Consulting led all 450+ employees through the Organization Workshop – a unique process for getting us all on the same productive page – looking at the bigger systemic picture and the role each person plays in making the organization successful.~ Ellston “Skeeter” White, Chief Information Officer (Retired), Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- Are tension, wariness and lack of trust interfering with your organization’s ability to create partnerships and collaboration?
- Do you feel like everyone has an agenda?
- Are reactions – or over-reactions – getting in the way of doing the work?
If so, then consider The Organization Workshop. It can help create more powerful, productive and collaborative partnerships throughout an organization – up, down and across organizational lines and with customers.
Partnerships energize people and expand their options. Dysfunctional partnership drain people and constrict possibilities. People in partnership can address critical business issues and resist destructive “we/them” thinking. Yet partnerships are elusive – easy to talk about, but difficult to create and sustain.
How we experience one another is based on our current pattern of relationship; change the pattern and our experiences of one another will change. ~ Barry Oshry, Power + Systems
The Organization Workshop makes partnerships and collaboration achievable. It gets to the heart of partnership in organizational life – what makes partnership so essential, what gets in the way, and how leaders at all levels can and do make it happen.
The centerpiece of the workshop is an organizational exercise in which participants take on roles of top executives, middle managers, workers and customers interacting in a chaotic, fast-paced VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. This engaging, high-energy experiential exercise is combined with practical strategic frameworks based on the work of Barry Oshry, Power + Systems. These frameworks help participants make sense of their world – the VUCA context, the interactions that seem to come from no where, the obstacles to getting on the same page. The learning is experienced, which enables connections to real experiences in their own organizations.
What You Will Learn
Participants in this workshop will:
- Learn how to recognize both VUCA and the systems forces at work in their organizations
- Understand and experience the differing”worlds” of executives, managers, workers and customers
- Develop concrete strategies for working more constructively across organizational lines
- Provide leadership that addresses issues systemically rather than personally
- Learn how to create partnerships
- Get personal coaching on how to move ahead on projects of real importance
Click here for a PDF version of